that looks good
National Chocolate Wafer Day
Five Food Finds about Chocolate
- Ancient Aztecs thought chocolate had magical powers; like the ability to give them strength.
- Chocolate was consumed by the ancient Aztecs as a frothy beverage, somewhat like hot chocolate we drink today.
- Chocolate contains over 300 mineral properties that are beneficial to your health.
- Chocolate comes from a plant, called Theobroma cacao, which translates “Food of the Gods”.
- Dark chocolate has more antioxidants than green tea and just as many as blueberries.
Today’s Food History
on this day in…
1806 Michael Keens presented the first cultivated strawberry combining flavor and appearance, at the Royal Horticultural Society. “…. I have for a considerable time employed myself in raising new varieties from seed, which has been not only a source of great amusement to me, but also very profitable in my profession.”
1844 The last pair of Great Auks was killed near Iceland…
View original post 191 more words